View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
GreatStarter

Thank you for all the info and ideas. I used the only local shop in this area, which was a Staples. They do it right there, but claimed to be so backed up they couldn't get them done for 4 days. I will look for private print shops and see if anyone does it cheaper. A little more info-I want the coil type of binding. This way the book can be openned completely and it is much easier to make a copy of a pattern, etc. I would only put this type of binding on a book that I would be using alot, such as a year long project. Or a Dear Jane book. To the person who had her Dear Jane book damaged by Staples-I would definitely contact the main office for the company. They shouldn't have charged you, and might even have reimbursed you something for the damage to your book-after all it was THEIR fault.
I am the queen of using plastic page protectors. However it wouldn't be worth the money or time to put a complete book in page protectors. I finally decided to have the binding cut off and the coil put on two of my books for the ease of use, and convenience. IF anyone else has any more info please let me know. Thank you everyone for the ideas-this board is great!

Kat