Thread: Harley's qult
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
cathyvv

Isn't it amazing how little it takes to make a child happy? I love the quilt, but he will treasure it his entire life!

Kudos to your niece for thinking of this boy and mentioning him to you. More kudos to you for taking the initiative to make him a quilt. You are a good soul.

Is it possible that you could become his (and his sisters) 'Aunt', you know, visits on weekends once a month, holiday visits, attend school events and so on. Seems he's looking for someone to love him and show him attention, to connect with.

Am doing this for my real niece and nephew, although they live with their Mom. They came out of a bad family situation (my side) and Mom doesn't have good things to say about 'us'. I'm slowly changing her perception - at least about me and my DH - and keeping them "in the family". My DH and I have become their unofficial grandparents and I call them my 'Grands' because I am their Great Aunt and they are "Grand Kids". They light up when they see us, and I have to say, I'm always sad to see them go.