View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 AM
LaurieJane

Hi All,

Ok it was 11:30pm tonight, and I am up at our country farm. I just got here this evening - I had spent the last 2 weeks at our city house and camping with the cub and boy scouts. My husband and older son are back in the city. The news is on, the little boys are asleep, and our dog is out barking at something. During this summer other neighbors have reported bears, mountain lions (or cougars), foxes, deer, and all types of crittes coming down out of the Cascades and into our little valley, so our dog occassionally goes out at night to bark when he hears things.

Anyway, it is hot and I have all the windows open, and I have fabric all spread out over the table with my mats, templates, and rotary cutter just cutting pieces for my next project, when I hear something that sounds like a car coming down our 700 foot long lane. I look out the front porch and just about have a heart attack when I see an older woman in her bath robe. I open the door and she starts screaming and threatening me about my barking dog. She goes on and on about how all the other neighbors are upset about it and allegedley how they are going to call the sheriff; then she went on about how my dog barks in the morning - and made some nasty remarks about me going back to bed in the morning and dog is out barking, etc.

All I said was "I just got up here" I didn't know what else to say. Her ranting woke up my two young sons.

Don't know what to do. We have lived up here on the weekends for the last 2 1/2 years, and this is the first I have heard about my dog.

We do share the lane with this neighbor and we have financially helped them out to the tune of $750 with the cost of paving their driveway access to the road even though we did not have to - we were just trying to be good neighbors.

I called my husband so upset that I was in tears, and he says don't worry about - she is just a grouchy person who is jealous that we have a nicer building and better looking gardens. He says not to worry or do anything, except keep the dog indoors. We are working on a fence between our property and the grouchy neighbor, and he said this will encourage us to build the fence faster and get a gate on the lane.

I am thinking I should call the sheriff tomorrow morning and file a report that the crazy woman came onto my property screaming at me. After all, she does have all our phone numbers - a phone call would have worked.

Has anybody ever had this happen to them? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

And to the board administrators - if this post needs to be moved, please do so and let me know.

Thank you for reading. It is so late now and I still so upset, I think I will put away the mat, rotary cutter, and templates. I don't want to make a mistake in cutting for my next project.