Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM
carriem

Default My retreat..in Iowa

[QUOTE=QuiltE;5023907]I've moved this over from the Photo Page

[B]DublB ... I'll look forward to seeing/hearing all about them. Wouldn't want to ruin a surprise! In the meantime, you could tell us about the retreat ... how many? is it a guild? LQS? or?? what sort of a place do you go to? how long? and blah blah blah!!

CarrieM [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#006400]... You'll create quite an interest at the retreat with your PC! Be sure to take your all the blocks you have done so you can get lots of ooohs and aaaahs! And too, tell us more about your retreat! I'm all ears and eyes about your QAYG. I haven't done one yet, though am intrigued ... and considering it for the PC!

I will answer all your questions about our retreat...there will be 18-20 of us (this is our biggest yet). This is the third retreat my friend, Crystal and I have hosted.

It is at a church camp. We use the big lodge for setting up tables and then there are 2 sleeping rooms in that building and we also have another building with 4 more rooms. Sleeping 6-8 in a room if we want...we are letting people spread out. The camp offers prep of meals...we are just having them do supper this time since last time we had way too much food with snacks and 3 big organized meals a day.

It started more as a scrapbooking/card making retreat, but I have taken my machine the other times and Crystal started sewing since our last retreat so will be bringing her machine this time too! We are just calling it a "craft retreat". One day some of us are doing a card swap (everyone designs a card and cuts materials for the others to make their card...you go home w/~15 different cards).

This time we are starting on Thursday night and going until Sunday at noon...in the past it was just Fri-Sun. We thought this way everyone will have 2 full days at the camp to work on their projects. I can't wait!!!

I only have two PC blocks finished so far but that WILL CHANGE!