Old 03-02-2012, 08:46 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
You can do it! :0)

I've made one for our friend who has a Rottie ~ her girl is really a stout big cattle ranch working dog. Just by the yardage, I think, if I remember I bought the widest fleece available 56" ~ layered two pieces ~ cut the circle with a quilt tape ruler the long tape I think it's 108". You can even join pieces easily as fleece is so forgiving. It's going to take a lot of poly fill to fill that big of bed. My girlfriend bought a 5# box of poly fill and we used nearly all of it, if I remember correctly.

My friends Rottie is a cattle dog and I made a fleece coat for her Rottie and lined (stuffed between the layers) with the left over poly fiber fill. Because her dog goes out in sub-zero weather with my friend when it's calving time, she'd get so cold...now she won't even get out of the truck until my friend puts her coat on her. :0)
Thanks for the info. My great dane loves to fluff things up, so she would love one. The rottie is a mix, he only weighs 95#, but he just had knee surgery again and has to have a firm bed. But I will have to try to make one for the dane. She currently sleeps either on the sofa or on her 35"X50" mattress. I think if I got 60" in length of each piece, it might be big enough for her. Sure is worth a try.