Thread: Third quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Suzannew

I think I figured it out--

I am not sure what to call my newest completed quilt. I have a few thoughts in mind thought. When I finished and proudly showed it to my husband he asked---- " why don't you make your quilts bigger, so somebody can sleep under them?" Well----- because I am just learning and it is more difficult to fit under the sewing machine that I have: hint hint hint....... deaf ears.

Just took a little nap under it and it suits me just fine: It measures 41x55.

Why the strange measurements? well, I just kinda start sewing and quit when I run out of fabric. I never really have a planned result in mind.

This is the first semi planned pattern I guess its a stacked coin. I had purchased on ebay a bunch of 5" squares and when I got them I just stashed them away. After a few months I got them out and started slicing and sewing. I think there may even be a few fabrics from another set I picked up along the way.

So I sewed the top adding white , sandwiched the quilt and stuck it away to start something different.

Just a week or so ago I pulled it out again and decided to change the backing. I'm glad I did.

The binding is machine sewn, there is no way I think I can take the challenge now to learn to hand sew the binding, someday- uh - maybe.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_9276.jpg   dsc_9277.jpg