View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 PM
missionslady

I was at JoAnn's yesterday for the first time in months and happened to see this beautiful bird fabric that would be perfect to make my aunt a quilt, however the price was $12.99 a yard. It was some of their better quilter's cotton. I had a 40% coupon I could use on one piece, but to get the coordinating pieces, that was the price--no sale. With gas so high and living on the other side of town, when would I be back over that way? So-o, I paid the price because it was exactly what I was hoping to find, one of those 'you'll know it when you see it' things, and it was a gift for my aunt. But I am thankful for every yard of fabric I have accumulated over the years now, as I can't pay these prices on a regular basis. My LQS has frequent sales and puts fabric on clearance, so when I shop there, I usually limit myself to what is on sale or clearance. I've bought fabric on-line too, but unless you buy enough to get free shipping, that can become high too. Nice when you can get a couple quilty friends to go in with you in placing an order so that all enjoy the benefits of free shipping!