Old 03-03-2012, 06:07 AM
barri1

There is kindness in our world, but it's not always showing.. It's funny that I didn't notice much of it until I started reading the board.. I love reading about the RAK's that people do.. and hope I can add to it.. One of the easiest that I found was helping someone making a postage stamp quilt.. We all have scraps.. and it isn't hard to cut pieces bigger than 2", and send them for the recipient to cut to the size they need.. I sent an envelope of over 150, and it cost $2.00.. It was my pleasure, and I mean that.. I probably felt better doing it, than the recipient recieving it.. No.. I didn't know the person, but saw she needed it.. Since I am making a stamp quilt, three people were so generous, and sent me scraps.. It felt so good to know people do RAK's.. As for the stamp quilt.. When I started.. I didn't think about how many squares I was going to need.. I don't know what I was thinking when I started.. I tried to solicit scraps, and I was deleted , as I'm not a senoir member, yet.. I'll get over it..
Barri