View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Helen6869

Living now on a fixed income I am so thankful that when I was working I bought fabric almost every time I fell in love with it! I have made only 6 quilts but have a stash you probably would all envy. I don't even know what I've got in there. Now, if I do need something I shop the sales at Hobby Lobby or coupon sales at Hancock's, the two stores near me that still carry fabric. I have found very pretty and nice quality items for less than $6. I have tons of Walmart fabric in my stash and actuallly some that a neighbor of my mom's gave me 40 years ago!! My kids and friends say I need to pare down!! not gonna happen. They will have to dispose of it someday, cause I may need it!! She who dies with the most fabric,,,, you know the rest.
well, I guess I'm set. For you all who need to buy, I offer this, shop online. I think it's good quality most of the time and always look for free shipping... it's terrific!! Also, i find kits seem to be more economical than my going out and buying a bunch of fabric that I will have scraps to do nothing with later. I use a bunch of these. Although I needed some pure white cotton yesterday for a lap size quilt and guess what.... I don't have any white. I love prints!
Good luck everyone. It is a sign of our bad economy.....look at gas prices! good luck!

Last edited by Helen6869; 03-03-2012 at 08:10 AM. Reason: additions to thoughts