Thread: Craftsy BOM
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
GrandmaSewNSew

I didn't find the site until February and saw that a lot of people complained that their blocks for February were too small. Others suggested that they needed to use a scant 1/4 inch (meaning not exactly 1/4 inch but a few threads short of that). For another block of the month that I'm doing I found that if I sewed the seams at exactly 1/4 inch they came out too small too. So when I made the February blocks, I used the scant 1/4 inch seam and mine came out to 12.5 as they should have.
I think each month I'll wait until I read what others have to say before jumping into the blocks in case there is a problem. Also, I'm not sure I'll do this month's yet as I may want to wait for more scraps.
It is a lot of fun and amazing to see how different the blocks look with different fabrics!!
Originally Posted by JudeWill View Post
Ok. Now I'm confused. I have done the January blocks and they went together nicely, except for a little puckering. Are you all saying the Feb. and March blocks need to be pieced with scant 1/4" seams on all the seams? Also, please refresh my memory on what a scant 1/4" seam is. Thanks.