Thread: Craftsy BOM
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
GrandmaSewNSew

Judy,
I replied to you but somehow it didn't post...
I joined the group in February and read through some of the comments and found that some complained that their February blocks were too small. Those who said they used the scant 1/4 inch (a thread or two smaller than 1/4 inch) had no problems. So when I made my blocks I used a scant 1/4 inch (maybe 1/32 smaller) and they came out fine. I had this problem with another BOM that I belong to. When I made the seams exactly 1/4 inch, by the time the block was finished the block was too small too.
I'm going to wait each month to see how things go before doing the block even thought they're nice and it's difficult to wait. I'm not sure that I'll do this month's block yet as I'd rather see what scraps I have from the other blocks. It seems that this should have been one of the last blocks made.
Originally Posted by JudeWill View Post
Ok. Now I'm confused. I have done the January blocks and they went together nicely, except for a little puckering. Are you all saying the Feb. and March blocks need to be pieced with scant 1/4" seams on all the seams? Also, please refresh my memory on what a scant 1/4" seam is. Thanks.