Old 03-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

OK -a day early???? I thought I would go ahead and post A11 which is one of our blocks for next week. I had previously posted A7 and A9 on post #606. I elected to go ahead and make the "Y-seams" in A11 and followed the layout given in thatquilt.com. I used the sizes on the outer single pieces to precut my fabrics, but I didn't 'sew in' the paper. I wish I had traced the book pattern onto crayola paper because the copy paper I used when printing out foundation pattern from the DJ software was just too stiff. I know there is still some paper left in the seams I readjusted the foundation layout so that it matched the thatquilt layout.

A word of warning for those deciding on the Y-seams. when you sew the three small inner corner squares together take care to stop at the quarter inch seam so that it is easier to maneuver your larger square and match up fabric edges without getting smaller pieces caught. If you look really closely at the picture, you will see two of the corners are slightly wonky where the large square meets the small one.

If you want to avoid the Y-seam for this block - which is totally doable - follow the instructions laid out by me and Nancy & Katybob starting on post #523.

I't really funny the things you notice "after" you post something.... I will be making that upper left corner better by hand. It is actually not stitched down yet. After 'unsewing' a few times because I was catching a fold of the large square fabric, I decided to stitch it down by hand - but forgot to do so. As I looked at the block I didn't notice it, but the camera sure picked it up!!

I also intended to have all those little black things go the same direction Well, I guess since I was at least consistent with the corners and with the whole center section I will leave it alone?
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0833.jpg  

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 03-03-2012 at 11:44 AM.