View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 04:28 AM
clsurz

Unfortunately we did not get to take photo's of this event yesterday. No one thought of doing so but next time we do I'm going to make sure to take photo's.

We had tonadoes hit this area and boy did rain (actually poured) so hard if we had stood out there we would have been rained whipped to death literally.

Not all was lost though. We still managed to do some dyeing of fabric and shirts. Where we were at the lady has a huge area with roof and cemented area where we could be at to do the dye-ing and only a step or two outside of the double-wide that is the studio. Some of us just got wetter than others checking on the materials being dyed at the appropriate times.

Everyone seemed pleased with the outcome of this little adventure. I brought home the fabrics I dyed and GD's shirts to set the colors in the washer last night and it all came out nice. I will take photo's of that later today and post it. GD is coming over to get her shirts and to go through my stash of fabrics and borrow one of my sewing machines to take home with her. She says she has a friend who wants to learn how to sew who plays with her quite a bit.

There were only two girls age 7 and 9 and a 16 year old that came. A few other grandmothers came but seems at the last minute the GD's decided not to come. We had 6 ladies that came. There were suppose to be more but I think the threat of the storms kept some away.

The 7 and 9 year old got some sewing done and a couple ladies took it upon themselves to teach them how to press fabric as well as how to safely use a rotary cutter. The 16 year old did not sew this time but she did dye some fabric and shirts.