View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:18 AM
StarofMoonDancer

Thumbs up Praise God you are ok

Originally Posted by MamaO2011 View Post
As some of you have probably seen on tv, my town of Moscow, Ohio was hit by a tornado yesterday afternoon. The tornado crossed over the river from Kentucky about a mile from my home. Thankfully, we have a basement and we knew early in the day to prepare for the worst. Yesterday morning I was preparing our photography equipment and important papers to take downstairs, and decided that I just couldn't leave my brand new machine and all my fabric upstairs. I'm a new quilter, and just couldn't bear the thought of losing it all. So, I packed all of it up and hauled it down to the basement. Needless to say, I spent several scary minutes huddled over my kids, hoping the tornado would spare us, surrounded by fabric and UFO's! And today, I had to bring it all back upstairs again. The bright side is I can reorganize it all again! So, am I crazy that I bagged everything up and took it downstairs? Obviously, we has an usual amount of time to prepare. But it made me wonder if I'm the only one!
No you were right to take cover and take your baby with you. Just thankful you and your family are safe and sound.
Take care and enjoy each moment.<3