View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i will have to just be happy looking at all of your blocks today---won't get mine done- we had more snow in 12 hours-friday night than we've had in the past 3 winters----crazy! the snow was up to the windows of my Saturn Vue---which is like a small suv! we lost power about 3:30am saturday morning---i did go into the sewing room & cut out all of my pieces for my Georgia block-and the Hawaii one too-before we gave up on power coming back on & headed for a hotel. went home this morning-with high hopes- but still no power & the house is down to 44 degrees---(and it is supposed to be below zero tonight---we gathered up the cat & headed back to the hotel- thank goodness they are understanding & let us bring him! we sure didn't want to leave him behind for a second night-especially with it getting so cold. we are grateful we are not in the tornado areas and our hearts go out to those who are- but we are really having a time in this extreme cold-- heavy snow- no power situation. now we have to hope & pray our pipes do not freeze & break & cause more problems. the power company is saying it may take as long as tuesday night before power is restored to some of us...
so, here i sit, in a hotel room wrapped in a blanket (the 2 hours at home with the 44 degrees- i'm so cold) looking at everyone elses stars & browsing the web---the kitty is starting to (settle) in to the new surroundings-& we are starting to warm up again.
i sure had high hopes for quilting this weekend! oh well, at least we are safe. I hope everyone gets through the crazy weather hitting all over the country safely!