View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Helen6869

Smile I use this machine every night and love it!

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned View Post
First of all, have you checked that your machines are well oiled? My sister's was much, much quieter when I got her to oil it. Second, instead of buying a new machine, consider getting a 'white noise' generator for your husband. Until I moved my sewing room downstairs, I sewed in the room next to my parents since I had to be upstairs during the day to look after my Dad. My mom is a very light sleeper and the machine never bothered her once I got her a nature sounds generator. This [/URL]is the one I bought, but I don't recommend it because a lot of people apparently are unable to figure out how to use it (I bought it for parents 8 years ago).
I take this with me even when I travel. I have to have white noise due to tinnitis in my ears. This is a great little machine with different sounds. My son likes the waterfall. I like the ocean waves. I think you could figure how to set it and then just cut it on. My babylock quilter's choice is pretty quiet although it makes a weird noise when you first start stitdhing. but I love it anyway. It would definitely keep hubby awake but since we go to bed at the same time that's not a problem. My eyes close about 10pm so no sewing for me at night!! lol!