Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Anned

Wow! Didn't her family know or ask where it could be donated?

My sewing buddy passed away and her children were not interested in her sewing/quilting item either. I told them that I would help them with an estate or yard sale but no, the estate person didn't want to be bothered with "all the small stuff." So--I took it all in the name of the sewing guild. We packed it and packed it; it went in three different garages until we could sort it out. Then it went to our AQS community relations person to distribute to local schools with sewing programs. I sold the thread at a guild meeting, then stabilizers and interfacing. Now we have a buttons night to do. The money all goes to the guild Nothing, and I mean nothing, was sold
The estate set the prices on her sewing machines and I bought her Bernina 440, a lovely cutting table and a cabinet. Later I bought her purple sewing chair for $15.00 I guess no wanted purple but now I have reminders, especially the purple chair, of my sewing friend.
Later another AQG member passed away and the family asked her sewing friend what to do with it. She took it all in the name of the guild.
We sent thank you letters and tax donation receipts.
Community Relations makes charity quilts, pillowcases, etc, so everything goes to a needed home. : :