Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
spartan quilter

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
Nancy - your paper piecing is perfect!! ...what time did you go to sleep this morning?? a 3:47am post - blocks are awesome!
yours too - Spartan - I really like the looks of the stripe. I'm hoping to start QAYG sometime soon. It would being 'done' come a lot sooner You will not 'slip behind because you will always be ahead!! looking at your A9, I would add a strip of light to the top so you don't lose the points - pinch them in just a little bit [the left corner point at the seamline and the top middle point] it looks like you have enough seam at the bottom so you can adjust it by taking more from the bottom when you put it all together. I shift things around a bit myself too.

There's a real pretty sheen on the stitches - what kind of thread are you using??
Thanks for pointing out the error on that block. I hadn't even noticed, and yes, I will add a strip of white there. For the quilting, I am using a metallic thread, thus the name for my quilt is Glitzy DJ. I have a dark gold, light gold, aqua, purple, blue and rose, so I am using what ever looks best with the material. But, a lot of gold.
Actually, I am ahead on my blocks, almost got blocks done up to the next break. But one of these days, my new sewing room will be completed, and then I have to move stuff back in, and get things set up, so that will slow me down. I have almost all of the first row put together, and I am so impressed with it.

Thank you so much, Cre8tvlwyr, for starting this thread.