View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 PM
QuiltingCrazie

To avoid tucks here's how I was taught and I've never had a problem with tucks. Don't know if the same apply with spray basting.
Lay your back on the table get it smoothed out and tape it down then your batting smooth it out. This is the part that is different but I swear it works lay your quilt top on top now leave it for 5 mins, let the quilt top rest and settle down on top of the batting. Now smooth it out. This is also different then how others do it, I always make sure I have one other person around when I'm sandwiching, my kids have become pros. You stand on one end and someone on the other pull the tape up from the table but not off the quilt back and turn the whole sandwich over and smooth out. Turn it back reattach tape to the table, smooth and baste with pins or thread.
I do not love to sandwich but I do this every time and all my backs are tuck and pucker free. I also make sure my backing and batting are 3-4inchs extra all around. It's alot and I'll be doing it this week but it gets it done. Hope that helps have fun!!