Old 03-05-2012, 05:45 AM
40MPHK9

Default My very first quilt--and a wall hanging--finally done and home!

I made this wall hanging many years ago--pieced all the blocks by hand, then put it aside because I was overwhelmed by the 'quilting' part. So I finally took it to get quilted (along with a full-bed-size quilt I made for my daughter). I picked both up on Saturday, and I am so pleased with them.
Wall hanging:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317409[/ATTACH]
Here is it in its spot in my sewing room--temporary hanging job, using little clips, but at least it's up!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317410[/ATTACH]
Close up of the Dresden plate block, to show the quilting--she did all-over stippling.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317411[/ATTACH]

Now my daughter's quilt. It was a Joann fabric 'block of the month'--Legacy Star--which I bought online in 2004, for 50% off. I know, that's a LONG time to not finish something, but life happens. DD got her great-grandma's bedroom furniture recently, and the comforter she had on it just did not 'go' at all--way too modern--so I dug the quilt kit out and finished it. It looks SOOOo much nicer on her 'old-fashioned' bed, and really warms the room up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317412[/ATTACH]
Here it is on the bed, with the pillow shams I made. I used my Eleanor Burns book, "Still stripping after 25 years" for the general instructions, and added the quilt square and borders:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317413[/ATTACH]

I also made some throw pillows--a couple 'real' quilt squares, and one just strips sewn together:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317414[/ATTACH]

And finally, a close up of the center of the quilt--this shows the leaves she quilted into the green borders:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317415[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking!!
Attached Thumbnails dsc02266.jpg   dsc02278.jpg   dsc02279.jpg   dsc02282.jpg   dsc02275.jpg  

dsc02276.jpg   dsc02273.jpg