View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
bebe

I would only use the 4 colors in the rug sky blue, a sandy biege, chocolate brown and a tone on tone background . I would have one of the fabrics have a print and also The three main colors I would find with them and use as the main border fabric and backing. I would use 3 borders a stop border 1 1/2 inches w/ dark chocolate, next a blue 2 1/2 inches and then the final border no more that 5 inches in print. The backing should be the same as the border. This quilt is going to be in her main living space. :wink: :D :D

Too many solid fabrics it needs some kind of print stripes, swirls, checks, paisley and etc. The off white could also have a small print or be marbles so the quilt has some movement and not look so plain. Is their a picture in that room that could help you with colors??? The quilt needs some splash and a punch to it. It reads very solid and plain:wink: Take a look a Barnbum's Irish Chain and you will get an idea as to how to add a splash or a puch to a quilt. Hope what I said helps :roll: :wink: :D

Take out the blue does not match :D :D