Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
SueSew

Angry Janome QDC 1-year maint saga continues...WHAT NEXT?

I took it back Saturday to the dealer who had given it back to me unfinished, dirty and unoiled. (Point taken - to the person on the board who noted that it 'looked' done because it had some stitching scrap under the foot!)

She kindly did the cleaning and oiling (it had already been tension-checked by the tech when it was in the first time) while I waited and apologized about the mix-up.

She was very nice, noted that I should remove the bobbin case to vacuum under it monthly, and noted that there was a nick on the bobbin case but not in a place to catch on the thread. She asked if I was applying sewing machine oil as it looked oily and I told her I never oiled it and the machine had not been oiled, cleaned, or messed with since I took it out of the box a year ago.

This morning I finally got to try it out, and it stitched ok on a very short run of my test sandwich but made a clunky noise and bobbin case looked like it was turning with the up-and-down of the needle. Odd. I tried again, gently, and it sounded the same so I stopped. I took off the throat plate. The bobbin case was moving all around every time I moved the wheel. I couldn't even get the throat plate back on.

So I took it back and showed it to the lady who was at the shop. She determined that the bobbin case was not in correctly, jiggled it and poked it until it was reseated, and told me it was working. I sure hope so.

I can't wait to get home and try it out to see if that was all that was wrong. What next? BAH! If my QDC DSM is OTF (on the fritz) I am SOL (so out of luck) because I have to finish my son's quilt ASAP before he comes home. WIM (woe is me)

LOL
Thanks for letting me vent.