View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 AM
romanojg

What you might want to do is check what size hoops it takes? Alot of them only take the 4x4 or 5x7 and you will be limited; if it only comes with these sizes see if there are larger sizes available that your machine can use. Ask for a demo of the machine and also if they have classes to help you learn. My Viking store has once a month machine embroidery classes that are free for the ones who bought from them and we learn a new techinque each month. Make sure there is a tech there that can answer your questions in a short time if you have them and you'll probably have them. Do a google search on the machine and do a search on here to see what you find out about the machine. I know you posted earlier on another posted you've been interested for a while so try to make your first experience the best it can be. I don't know what part of WV you are in but check and see if there are other dealers close and see if you can check out a few different machines. Normally Janome machines are really good machines. If I hadn't gotten a Viking I probably would have went with a Janome but one that could handle a decent size hoop so I wouldn't bored so fast. Good luck.

Also make sure it has USB to connect to your pc. It's really hard for the older ones w/cards and our newer pcs.

Last edited by romanojg; 03-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.