View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 AM
MistyK

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
MistyK,

Cleaning is therapy of a sort. I'm not employed now and doubt if I will ever be again. To many physical problems that reduce my stamina to about a 2 hour burst. After that I need to rest and or eat a hand full of pain meds.

When we bid on these sewing machines I look the adds over for details that would cause others to avoid them. That way we can usually get them cheaper.
For instance the machine in this thread was really grungy and yucky. Was missing it's cords and foot controller.
And so we got it for a price much less than 401As usually go for.

It gives me something to do besides sit at the computer or pace or be frustrated.

Plus I've found I have a talent for what I'm doing. I just might be able to turn it into some income down the road.

.................................................. ..........................................

My wife doesn't worry about me running off with the machine. We share. Well, except for the treadle machines which she doesn't want anything to do with. Those are "mine" cos she can't seem to get the rhythm going to use them .........

Joe
I didn't know. It is always good to keep busy when something is wrong. Care to share? I know how hard it is to be in pain and only be able to do so much. Well I don't personally know, but I watch my brother who lost his leg just below his hip and has heart problems. He is amazing tho. If you didn't see the one leg you would think he had all of his limbs. He repairs engines and does woodworking. In the winter months when it is too bad to go out he builds miniature log cabins and buildings. He has a whole village and people buy them. I know his stamina is very low at times and he fights thru the pain. Stubborn man, but has to take pain meds as well. Like you he has found a talent and wasn't expecting to make money from it, but that was a second benefit. So I admire anyone who finds projects that keep them occupied, active, and gives them a purpose. Your particular problem sounds extremely challenging.