View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM
SuzyQ

Default Not happy with fabric choices

I have started a Dear Jane twice and I'm still not happy with my fabric choices. First I was using mostly Kansas Troubles fabric but it was too scrappy and I was having trouble thinking of a sashing fabric that would pull it all together. So I switched to Kansas Troubles fabric and muslin. Does anyone else get started on a project and then decide they don't like what they've chosen? I'm not making the entire DJ quilt instead I wanted to make kitchen and dining room curtains/toppers. I make the mistaking of buying a kit for McKenna Ryan's cute little "Which Came First" that I want to make and hang in my kitchen. of course, the kit is batiks so now the Kansas Troubles fabric would not go well with the wall hanging ... and now I want to completely switch and make my DJ with batiks ..... ARGH!!! Batiks is soooo unbelievably expensive. I'm about to give up on DJ and just keep my fingers crossed that my curtains don't fall apart when I wash them. Just had to vent to those that understand ... thanks for listening

Suzy