View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
romanojg

I have been told that I have a good eye for chosing colors and fabrics that go together. I don't know if these people would say that if they knew what I went thru to get there. I could not quilt without my digital camera. I take photos of fabrics that I think would go together and then I look at them for a while; I may or may not print them out. Sometimes it takes me longer to chose the fabrics than it does to make the block. I've done 3 BOM civil war quilts where I could have just done what was given to me buy most of the time the colors chosen aren't to my style so I go thru this process of elimination. I try to at least come up with the colors and then it's just getting the right design of the fabric that I want. I'm doing a hand applique quilt now with bright colors for the flowers and I'll start off with the fabrics chosen for the block but almost always before I get it finished I've either seen something else in my stash or was at a store and got something different and changed it. Good luck. I'm sure what ever you do it'll turn out great.