View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Dolphyngyrl

You can probably get a good used babylock quest for under 1000, they are really good and used to run about 1200 new before they were replaced with the serenade which has gotten mixed reviews, I think the quilter's choice is under 1000, but it might be called something else now. I would ask to see if they have any used machines, you should be able to get one of the higher end models that they no longer make at a discount. If you can get a used espire under 1000 it is a machine I highly recommend. I paid 1800 about 2 years ago and it has been replaced with the symphony now which I think run about 2500 and also get good reviews. audrey is around 399 great machine for classes but has a small harp so not great for FMQ. Either way babylocks are very solid machines. I had a teacher that had every brand out there, and she said the only machines that she felt were up there in quality with the berninas were the babylocks. I haven't had any others to compare, but have never had any trouble from my babylock, and it is a little workhorse.