Old 03-05-2012, 06:03 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
I am a Bonnie Hunter follower using the scrap system. I bought the clear lid shoe boxes at Costco (Iris brand), cut not only fat quarters but smaller WOF pieces leftover from other projects into 2.5" strips. Put the strips into those boxes by colors and a Batik box. I used the whole lot from Costco - maybe 14 boxes. If I had just a few of a color I doubled up- ie. pink/red, purple/blue,.... I labeled using an index card place inside the box loose so if I need to change it I can. As long as you have 2.5"strips you can cut those down to 2.5" squares or into other shapes with a width of 2.5". I cut my odd pieces into bricks 3.5"X 6.5" for a future scrap quilt. I have cut other pieces that are large enough into 10" layer cake size and put in the clear box that Joann Fabrics has in their scrapbooking section- Protect n Store brand - it's 12X12 so you don't get sloshing or folding of the pieces. I don't cut charm size because I can cut down the layer cake if needed. I also have a box of 2.5" squares that I use as leaders and enders - from Bonnie's Quiltville website.
I do the exactly the same thing- ive got 2x2 up to 11x11 sqs, 1XWOF up to 5XWOF, lil tumblers and large tumblers... I'm just wondering if there was a 'specific' size that was better to cut than any of the others...