Thread: coconut oil
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Newby0709

Originally Posted by raptureready View Post
For those of you that this horrible disease "runs in the family" there are tests that can be done now, a test of the spinal fluid and a pet scan, that can detect whether or not a person has the potential for developing it. Your doctor can start treating long before the first symptoms present and by doing that can postpone the symptoms --- sometimes causing to never happen. I saw that on Dr. Oz about a year ago.
Because Alzheimer's is in my family I have volunteered in a couple of research projects. I know they have tested me; however, because it is research, the results of that testing is not available to me. I discussed with the Dr in charge of the research about taking the tests on my own. He discouraged it because if the gene is there it does not mean the person WILL for sure get the disease. On the other hand he said that some people with the disease DO NOT have the gene. His opinion was that the knowledge of the results of the testing might cause unnecessary worry in some individuals. Everyone must weigh the situation and make a decision they feel best for them. For me, I think I can take a lot of coconut oil for the cost of the testing.