View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:01 AM
nanascottie

Default now it is done !!

hi everyone!
i posted a while back on how to quilt my first appliqued wall hanging. it is the 2nd thing i have quilted and you all gave me such wonderful advice. i am feeling good that i finished it. i used my seam ripper way more than my machine. i tried to quilt with a varigated thread and tore it out and did use it in the green sashing. i tried a starburstbut really wasn't sure if that is what i quilted around the cabins. i did a little stippling on the lavender window and straight lines on the purple window sills which was definatly the easiest. there are many mistakes i can see but if you all want to point out mistakes i would be happy if you did as i am trying to learn on my own. it took me a long time. my eye is not the best so i am a really slow sewer!! thank you all so much for your wonderful advice and help.
oh - i stitched in the ditch at every seam and around the house and bushes, doors and windows.
pics:
Attached Thumbnails dscn0140.jpg   dscn0116.jpg   dscn0126.jpg   dscn0144.jpg   dscn0145.jpg  

dscn0138.jpg  

Last edited by nanascottie; 03-06-2012 at 06:03 AM.