Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Yosamitesa

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
If I were you, I would not put E at the end, put it in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th position.
Why should I move it? Fabrics A, C, and E are all the same "pattern" and if I move "E" to another position it will throw them next to each other. Besides, I thought you said that order did not matter. Also, the last time I checked..."mystery" quilts were supposed to be just that. A mystery for the quilt maker to decide how and where they want their fabrics, not someone telling them to do this and do that. I was REALLY excited about doing this mystery quilt. I spent a lot of time searching for the "right" fabrics for me. Now I need to think LONG and hard if I even want to do this mystery quilt.

Also, I've NEVER in my life seen so many people jump on others as in this thread. "I wouldn't use that fabric, pick a new one" and when people ask a question they are told that comment wasn't about them. Seriously?!?!? Can people not ask questions? When I first asked for clarification on the initial cuts, there were some partially snide comments, but I let them go. After being as excited as I was and how I feel now...I need to do some serious thinking if I even want to cut into these fabrics or use them for another project down the road.

Some of the ladies need to remember that some of us haven't been doing this for long and that we enjoy learning. Half the fun of quilting is when you are doing seeing what you like, what you are not that fond of and what you will change to make it more "yours" in the future. Quilts are not cookie cutters, no two will ever be alike. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, but I must say I am very disappointed.