View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
kd124

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT RESPONDED AND SENT PM'S. This is why I love this board! Its a waiting game now for reimbursement. Aside from the inconvenience of it all I must say I'm itching to quilt! Thankfully none of my quilts in progress (QIP) were harmed. however I am still claiming them due to the humidity in the room. I will keep you all posted and again Thank You so much for your kind words!
You should NOT wait to do the de-humidifying! Mold can start overnight in the driest of climates. We had a house flood in ARIZONA in the summer - and it took DAYS to dry the wallboard! Demand that YOUR NEIGHBOR'S insurance company start doing it immediately. Your landlord should be the one who wants it done, for goodness sake! It's HIS/HER property that will be ruined, and it's not your fault!
I was going to say this but Joanne beat me to it. My niece had a mess in her condo this past winter due to a builder error and they got the fans in right away. Also make sure you claim everything (your time, supplies, ect )as someone else said--especially your income loss. Hope things get settled quickly. I am really sorry this happened.