View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:40 AM
quiltluvr

.......my sewing machine. I had an inexpensive Brother from Walmart that bit the dust. Bobbin casing, website I checked into said it was a common problem and not worth fixing. I had (generously estimating) maybe 25-30 hours on it.

Before it went out I was able to purchase a Janome 3022. Just recently I got it out. I may have 15-20 hours on it. It started off fine but I can't seem to find a thread it likes so it won't jam up. I'd been using Gutterman. Changed it twice, put in a new needle, rethreaded it so many times I could almost do it with my eyes closed. At times it would just catch the corner of the fabric and knot up on the underside. I've never messed with the tension (kinda like cars that had carburetors, don't mess with it, it'll never be the same.)

I'm just really fed up with these machines I wanted to chuck it out the upstairs window. I asked my 23 yr. old son if he and his Dad would be mad if I took the rent money and bought myself a machine that would sew.

I just wanna sew, that's all. No machine problems, I have enough "operator" glitches to go around. :lol:

Just needed to vent. Thanks!