Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I must agree. This carbon based unit as been the majority of the problems with these old machines.
Hey, I resemble that remark! Hehe!

Speaking of owners being the problem. I thought I knew my 319 pretty well and had it in my mind that it could NOT lower the feed dogs. Well, surprise, surprise that I found out that the 319 and the series of machines CAN lower the feed dogs! I had accepted the fact that it was not ever going to be a decent FMQ machine and was hopeful...so I lowered the feed dogs and found that the low shank FMQ foot still doesn't work great on the machine. Has anyone had success FMQ on their 319 or similar series machine? I found that the hopping foot hits the clamp too low and doesn't bounce high enough off the fabric to allow free movement. I lowered the foot pressure to nothing and still the foot doesn't lift high enough. I was wondering if anyone has a foot that has been successful or ?? I've similarly found low shank walking feet can be iffy on this machine because of the spot where it hits on the needle clamp. I'm suspecting I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up to every FMQ with this machine!