View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:04 AM
romanojg

I've been going to the Hampton quilt show for the past 3 years and while I can't say that it has inspired me to come home and make a quilt I do enjoy it. I go several days; depending on what gets in my way. I love seeing what all have inspired others to make and take pictures of some of the quilts; especially the ones that my 5yr old grandsone really likes. I love seeing all of the gadgets. This year I was on the hunt for the silk ribbon because my applique teacher is teaching us how to make 3d flowers. I looked at some of the gadgets but most I could get locally at the same price so why bother. I did splurge and get stablizer and embroidery thread from a local vendor because it was really reduce during the show. I'm on a really thight budget now so spending a lot wasn't going to happen but you pay once and can go as many times as you want so yes, I went and had a blast. I wish I could have went every day. We also had our local shop hop going on at the same time so I did that the first day. This year each store gave out a free 1/2 yard of fabric.