Thread: Food
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:18 AM
redquilter

I leave them whole (you eat the entire thing), (if some are large and some small, I'll cut the larger ones in 1/2) put into roasting pan and drizzle olive oil over. Add salt & pepper if you want - I don't use salt. You can toss in some peeled garlic cloves if you want and/or sprinkle some oregano on top. Mix all up and put into 400 deg. oven till done the way you like them. We like them a little crunchy, but some prefer them tender. You can do the same thing with zucchini and yellow squash. You can make a mix of them. For a different take, you can throw some tomatoes in also - either fresh peeled or canned, chopped and some basil. If you do that and you want, you can add mushrooms, cubed eggplant, onions, garlic and red and/or green peppers. I first par-boil the eggplant and mushrooms and drain well since they have a lot of water in them. When I do it like this, I sometimes serve over polenta and that's our meal. Didn't mean to make this so long, or did I mean to sound like a"cookbook"! Let me know if you try this out. Enjoy!