Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Over the weekend, went back to drool over Pfaff 130 that is in a sewing repair shop. Price is $400 which I feel is steep. One of the gals working there said "it was expensiver (which she assured me was a real word!) because of prices on Ebay for these types of machines." So, I went onto Ebay and found that the several Pfaff 130s which are not selling for quite that much, although one was clearly intended by seller as a parts machine, so am wondering where their prices come from. He does have some nice vintage machines but pricey, very pricey for my pocketbook. I would like a 130 but don't need to have one because I have lots of other good vintage machines. DH agrees it's nice but way too pricey for his wallet. What do y'all think? ~ Chris
You can do a search on ebays CLOSED auctions...meaning what the sold for. What they are LISTED for has no bearing on actual worth. Closed sales at least are a reflection of what people are willing to pay. I've seen them locally for sale in the $100-$200 range via CL. If you bring a printout of closed auctions with you, they may come down a bit. Otherwise, put a wanted ad on CL or be a little patient and wait for one to come up in your price range.