Old 03-06-2012, 03:37 PM
miriam
Power Poster

My Singer 500 donor would have had to had another Singer 500 donor in order to fix it up anyway. I have used the needle bar, the throat plate, the slide plate, the slide plate spring, the bobbin holder, the stitch selector shaft, the bobbin holder spring, a stitch selector screw, the nose door, hinge pieces off the top door, spool holders, the balance wheel, the motor, bobbin winder parts, light parts, cords were shot, foot pedal, rubber feet from the bottom, one machine needed the bottom plate, the body of this machine was/is in terrible shape and the gears were rusted pretty bad. I still have perfectly good parts on that machine. Sure it could have been fixed up. This machine has helped me repair many machines - I would have spent a lot of money on line for those parts - a whole lot more than the $10 or $20 I spent on that ugly machine. So yeah, I did specialize in the slant-o-matics for a long time. I've wanted a 99 for parts for a while but I can't bring my self to part out any I've found - they have all been repairable. I have a Universal 15 clone that was in a flood and needs either some parts or to be parted out. I can't bear to part it out just yet. Maybe another one will come in worse shape and I can take parts off of it and fix it.... Anybody else do that?