View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
QuiltingCrazie

I've made one recently and actually this week I'm making the other. These are memorial quilts for my grandmother and uncle to my mother and Aunt. I'll share what I have learned, the one for my mother is a table runner her choice of size and I did a four patch block. Hard to describe, It's made from batiks. I'll post pics this week I'm finishing up the hand quilting on it. My aunts I found a different version of a cathedral window block in a magazine and I'm designing one with that, she wanted a quilt 36x36 so no not huge. The largest pic will be 6" finished. you have to consider two things with picture quilts, size of the photo and use. Unless someone knows a better brand then what I'm using it still feels like paper...a flimsy paper but does not resemble or feel like a piece of fabric. So if your expecting it to be a snuggle blanket do smaller photos and more fabric. I'm not in front of the packages but I think I bought June Taylors. I do think they are great and love the final product. I liked the cream results better then the stark white and I made some pics black and white because some pics were from the 40's. I followed the directions and color fast treated them. Hope to see the finished result!