Old 03-07-2012, 06:08 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Over the weekend, went back to drool over Pfaff 130 that is in a sewing repair shop. Price is $400 which I feel is steep. One of the gals working there said "it was expensiver (which she assured me was a real word!) because of prices on Ebay for these types of machines." So, I went onto Ebay and found that the several Pfaff 130s which are not selling for quite that much, although one was clearly intended by seller as a parts machine, so am wondering where their prices come from. He does have some nice vintage machines but pricey, very pricey for my pocketbook. I would like a 130 but don't need to have one because I have lots of other good vintage machines. DH agrees it's nice but way too pricey for his wallet. What do y'all think? ~ Chris
Chris if it says "Pfaff" people think they have a gold mine. Especially with the 130's. Those are great machines, but if you really want it just make an offer and let them sit on it with your phone number. Yes, on e-bay the 130's go for more than most Singers, but with the economy in the tank $400 is too high even for a 130!

Nancy