View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
stampinteresa

Default My first featherweight machine

I am so excited I can hardly type. I have been in Indy since Christmas with my dad; so my brother could have a break. Of course, I came prepared to sew up many works in progress. My step- sister (mom is married to her dad) asked if I would teach her how to make some nice lounging PJs from a pair she had. So we would m eet here at dads for a couple hours at least two times a week. She also used my Bernina 1530 and just could not believe a machine had so many feet for dfferent functions. Crazy about it. She had mentioned several times that she had an old machine that was her husbands grandmothers and wanted me to see it.
Oh my gosh, it is a 1950 Singer featherweight in the box with manual and several attachments.
She left it with me or a week to play with it. So today when she came and I showed her what some of the feet did. She told me I got to keep it for the sewing lessons if I thought it was enought. She had talked to her husband and said he did not mind giving it to me if it would take care of the lessons. She said it would just go back in her closet if I did not want it. I told her it was more than enough for lessons. I am so excited. I sent my daughter photos through my phone but maybe she can get them on here. It looks NEW. So excited. Teresa