View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 PM
DJinSC

Originally Posted by MaryLane View Post
Thanks, everyone. Her rudeness to me didn't bother me as much as her ignoring my MIL after I said that. My MIL had a question for her about her product but...

As my MIL said, "I guess she didn't want to make a sale afterall."

I am like everyone else. Just because I don't do it, doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone else's work. I adore my MIL and would have bought the kit for her but after the way the woman acted MIL didn't want it.

I was just checking to see if there were any others like me and there are!
As you can see from the length of this thread, there are lots out there like you! After 9 years of quilting, I didn't know you could machine stitch the binding. From the way everyone describes it, it makes sense. After you stitch the front by machine, then fold it over to the back and stitch down by machine, the only stitches you will see are the last ones. I originally thought you'd have two sets of stitches on the back and that would be ugly. But the first set would not be visible because they are turned to the inside. I'm a little slow to catch on. I once hand stitched the binding on a queen size quilt and thought I would never finish. It was monstrous. I avoid applique like the plague because of the hand stitches. I've never tried machine applique--it scares me. I guess it takes practice to get the stitches uniform and flowing smoothly. I do admire those who can applique, though.