Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM
conniemaried

Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
I use YLI Soft Touch 60wt to piece with. However, I'm having a hard time finding it online. The LQS where I was buying it went out of business, so I'm looking again. I'm getting ready to try the Connecting threads. Maybe my machine will like it OK. As far as lint, I just clean my bobbin area and the area around the foot each time I change out my bobbin. Same thing on my long arm. I just consider it good maintenance. Using 60wt in the bobbin will extend your bobbin time and you won't have to change it out as often. I also have an assortment of JoAnn's serger polyester cones that my LA doesn't like and I may try that for piecing on my reg. machine. It's very inexpensive and you can make a stand for it to sit on.
I just ordered some of the YLI Soft Touch from Keepsake Quilting. Got it yesterday. However, I just now went to their website and tried to pull it up again, and it wouldn't. But when I opened the Soft Touch bobbins, the thread was listed under "products you might also like" underneath the bobbins. Anyway, they have it in 1000 yd spools in white or natural for $3.99 a piece. Connie