View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
bunbytes

I believe it is your choice alone. Doing it all by machine makes you happy and that should be enough for anyone. I believe you probably are much better at machine stitching the binding than I could ever be. I, on the other hand, adore the hand quilting and hand work on the binding. To me that is my reward for doing all of the other stuff on the quilt. I guess that's why I'm doing a Darcy Ashton bunny quilt for myself. That's 30 bunnies, plus all the veggies on the edges and I hand applique each bunny plus do a blanket stitch around each. Those rascally rabbits are not going to run away! I can only imagine how crazy this would make you and I wouldn't dream of ever insinuating that there is something wrong about that. To each her own. I must admit that I am trying to improve on my FMQ but I fear it will be a very long time before I am anywhere near proficient. I know . . . practice, practice, practice. I'd ignore the snobs. If you wanted to be snark you could always quip that you are in a race to see how many quilts you can complete before you go to that great quilting circle in the sky!