View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Patches1900

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
I have been very unhappy with OLFA lately. Blades dull right out of the package or quickly dulling during use. I have been thinking of trying Ginghers Rotary Cutter, the price is a little steep but with a coupon I can get it at a price that I can be happy with. If you have the Ginghers rotary cutter are you happy with it? Is it equal to OLFA?

TIA
Yes I have the gingher rotary cutter and like it - feels good in the hand BUT because it is gray (perhaps they have colors now?) seemed it was easier to misplace than my brightly colored Fiskars so I don't use it as often. But, another thought - I also was having trouble with quickly dulling blades lately when suddenly the thought occurred to me that maybe I should get either a new cutter, new ruler (my favorite is a 6.5" X 24.5 " Sharon Hultgren Quilters Rule) or both since I know they're quite old, probably by more than 15 years. Long story shortened - I believe the ruler edge was dulling my blades because I bought new tools and voila, problem solved. Good tools do matter.