Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I have finally conquered that beastly Cowboy Star Not sure if it was a pretty victory or not.

Okay
Honchey love the Rt 66 fabric. Anyone see the movie "Cars"? Rt 66 a pipeline of travel across southern US; it fits right in.
Jeanie what a pretty blue floral in your Lanes. And so nice to see the horseshoes reappear.
QE wonderful fabric choices and FC in your CLanes, and my look at those sharp points in the Star.
Anael the lavender in your lanes is a calming color in a bright block. The sharp contrast of the white with the blues makes this block stand out.
mirabelle I like the way you have FC these same roses again. It will be a nice repetitive aspect of your quilt. The striking red points in the star are great.
jan what a pretty floral in CL. For some reason your star reminds me of a sheriff's badge.
ArteEmCasa Fabric choices in CL are exceptional as QE described so well.
wendi The blue bandana fabric draws attention to your CL block and the bright colors in CS makes the block pop.
Seems we have all met the challenge of this pair in our own ways.
Here are mine. Fabric placement was "planned" this way--that's my story and I'm stickin' to it[ATTACH=CONFIG]318153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]318154[/ATTACH]
I must really tidy up the strings before I scan
Attached Thumbnails pc-19-country-lanes.jpg   pc-20-cowboy-star.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 03-07-2012 at 10:52 PM.