Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 AM
quilterella

Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
Janome has been known to have some bobbin issues. I don't think it happens on every machine, but there is definitely a problem somewhere. I have a Janome embroidery machine and have had my machine in the shop 10+ times for the same problem. My dealer tried to tell me it was me: wrong thread, wrong bobbin thread, wrong needle size, sewing too fast, sewing too much, etc. I tried everything and felt I was doing something wrong until I started reading blogs and found that there are a lot of us out there having the same problem. Good luck.
How true. I dearly love my Janome, but, bobbin issues are a constant thorn in my side. I talked to a gentleman in Toronto about it and he said that Janome was to fix that problem with the 7700 and 12000s. However, that is the machine's one quirk, the bobbin racer. Solutions: bobbin washers until they decide to improve the bobbin racers.
And also to Nanbue, Janome has two bobbin racers, one with a red dot for piecing and one with a blue dot for quilting( or vise-a-versa LOL) . Good Luck.

Last edited by quilterella; 03-08-2012 at 02:36 AM.