View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM
quiltluvr

Thanks everyone for all your responses. Today I'm just gonna stay away from it and tackle it when I'm a bit more settled with it.

I've tried the leader and end pieces and it jammed on those. I used a new needle that came with the machine. I only use Janome bobbins with that machine. It's clean as a whistle, checked that all out previously. Yes, it knots on the back. I haven't actually held the threads to get it started but left plenty of extra to draw up. I bought the machine coming up on three years ago from a chain store so any repairs and all will be out of pocket. Yes, at times the thread does slip out and this last time it's coming out from the part that goes up and down at the top of the machine (sorry to lazy to go get the book for the "proper" name). That was new.

No, my Brother didn't make clicking noises, that I remember. It would just stop and beep. It took a few times to watch to see what it was that didn't work right.

Meanwhile I just sew vicariously thru all the beautiful pictures you all post! :D