View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM
judykay

Default Treadle Sewing machine

Originally Posted by HiDesertQuilter View Post
Oh my goodness, it is beautiful, all the decals are in great shape. Just take a little sewing machine oil on a soft cotton fabric and gently rub it down to clean the machine. This will not damage the decals. You will be amazed at how your new machine will look. Send us a picture after you get it cleaned up. Befores and afters are always fun to look at. The chrome can be cleaned with a metal cleaner such as Mothers.
Thanks, I really love it but it is not in running condition, I do not know the last time it was used. I have had it for over 20 years and before that it was in my grandmother's basement. I remember the day I brought it home in a little hatch back. My uncle was not very happy with me as he was alone carrying it up the stairs and putting in my little car and when I got home my son and I took it out, he can't understand what it means to me and how much I love it. It probably needs a good oiling and the belt for the treadle is broken and extremley dry, I don't know where to get it replaced & don't have an instruction manual for oiling it. Would love to try to use it some day.