Old 03-08-2012, 11:59 AM
wildyard

Originally Posted by margee View Post
All I can say is IF YOUR SON DOESN'T WANT IT PLEASE SEND IT TO ME. The colors and pattern are fantastic together. Do you have the name of magazine or pattern. I finally saw the faces. ( like 2 eyes & a mouth under the eyes) Added to my favorites.
I don't, I'm sorry. All I did was sketch it on a piece of paper and go from there. It wasn't my magazine so I just got the basic idea. I believe it started with 2.5" squares in the smaller blocks. So you would need for one block:
2 squares 2.5" for centers from fabric A; 4 squares- 2.5"; 4 rectangles- 2.5"x 6.5" from fabric B, for squares around centers; 1 rectangle 2.5" x 8.5" from fabric A, for center of large rectangle section of block; 2 rectangles 2.5"x 8.5" from fabric B for sides of large rectangle block; 2 rectangles 2.5"x 6.5" from fabric B, for ends of large rectangle.
In the original photo I saw, the colors were more neutrals and tonals, and the contrast was low. All 3 sections of the block were made from only the two fabrics, with all centers from fabric A and all the rest from fabric B.

Good luck with trying this! It's really simple. I much prefer the scrambled effect than the all one color, but I liked the original enough to save the sketch so it must have appealed to me also. LOL...